EVTA Young Professionals Programme (YPP)
Eurovox is an opportunity for singing teachers from all over Europe to gather together and share best practice. As part of the conference, several presenters will be giving masterclasses or workshops which will require singers. The Young Professionals programme is designed to enable young advanced tertiary level or post-graduate singers from anywhere in Europe to apply to be one of these singers.
The selected young artists will sing for masterclasses and presentations in various styles including musical theatre, classical and contemporary, popular, folk and jazz as well as performing in a showcase concert together.
Confirmed masterclasses for Eurovox 2020 include:
- Roderick Williams OBE – Classical masterclass
- Cecilia McDowall – Masterclass on her song cycle Flights of Angels
- Karen Brunssen, NATS President – Classical masterclass
- Kim Chandler (CCM) – Pop masterclass
- Martin Vácha (classical) – Romantic Lieder Ensembles: Schumann Minnespiel; Phrasing in Schubert song
- Norma Enns (crossover) – English CCM in contrast to 'English Classical Song'
- Ineke van Doorn (pop and jazz) – Singing technique and breathing for pop and jazz singers
- Sascha Wienhausen (CVT) – Musical theatre and CCM masterclass
- Patricia Caicedo (classical) – Spanish, Catalan and Portuguese song masterclass
- Eileen and Christopher Field with Andri Björn Róbertsson (classical) – Icelandic song masterclass
- Scott Harrison – Musical theatre masterclass
AOTOS will contribute towards the expenses of the UK singers who are successful in the audition selection process.
What does your student get out of this?
- An opportunity to take part in some high-level masterclasses.
- A platform on which to perform to wide range of people from across Europe.
- An opportunity to network and meet other singers at a similar stage in their career from across Europe.
- Free access to Eurovox 2020 for the entire weekend.
The deadline for applications is 1 November 2019 and participants will be notified of the results by 1 December 2019.
This is an exciting opportunity and we do hope that some AOTOS members will put their students forward for this event. If you need information that is not on the above website, please contact Penelope Price Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org